Yes, breakfast is the most important meal of the day, but is skipped by one in every three people. Yet, a nutritious breakfast can boost your energy and mood, keep your mind sharp, and curb cravings. Study after study concludes that breakfast also is a habit shared by successful dieters. Breakfast is a critical part of a lifestyle associated with a healthier body weight. Plus, it maximizes a person’s chances of maintaining weight los. Recent studies show that overweight women who include 24 ounces of fat-free or low-fat milk in their daily diets, starting with breakfast, lose more weight than women who follow the same diet but ditch dairy.
Skip the excuse that there’s no time in the morning for breakfast! It only takes five minutes to prepare and eat a nutritious breakfast. Here’s a few suggestions:
1) The Gold Standard: Whole grain cereal, nonfat milk, and fruit.
2) Oatmeal cooked in milk and topped with dried fruit, slivered almonds, and brown sugar. Serve with a glass of orange juice.
3) Coffee Shop Specials: A cappuccino or latte made w/ fat-free milk, a low-fat bran muffin and fruit.
4) Morning Shake: A smoothie made with fat-free milk, 2 tablespoons each orange juice concentrate and toasted wheat germ, canned apricots, and a banana.
5) Whole wheat toast topped with peanut butter, a glass of nonfat milk, and a bowl of strawberries.
6) A slice of left-over vegetarian pizza, yogurt, and fruit.
7) Pack a box of cereal, carton of milk, and banana in your briefcase and have a “deskfest” when you get to work.