Splenda is completely safe. 20 years of safety studies lead to it being approved in Canada in 1991 and in the US in 1998. It is used and approved for use in 80 countries. Its safety ratings are so high that FDA does not even require any warnings on the label. It has been approved for safety for pregnant and nursing women, children, and people of all ages.

Sucralose is made by removing 3 hydrogens from the sugar molecule and replacing them with chloride, an element found naturally in table salt, mushrooms, peas, potatoes, etc.. The molecule is extremely stable and does not breakdown. 85% is excreted from the GI tract unchanged. The other 15% is absorbed, but because it is water-soluble, it is not stored and instead is excreted in the urine unchanged within 24 hours. No chloride leaves the molecule from the time you consume it to the time your body excretes it. Also, because it is 600 times sweeter than sugar, the amount you consume is miniscule (most of the power in each packet is maltodextrin and dextrin…the Splenda part is so tiny it hardly makes up any part of the contents).

The statements that the chloride in Splenda is harmful are internet rumors with no sound scientific backing. If you have any other questions about this sugar substitute, go to www.Splendatruth.com Hope that helps clarify the issue.